Wednesday, July 5

{ fabulous finds at the Summer Market }


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

July started in the most summery and fabulous of ways, with the Derbyshire Summer Market, hosted by Deb of Fabulous Places. A slightly grey start gave way to a beautiful day, the perfect day to spend every single penny you have on the loveliest of things. As always, there was a lovely mix of food, to eat there, and to take away, things for the home, for you, and to buy as gifts, well, until you get home and realise that you'd really rather keep it yourself. Or is that just me?

There seemed to be a lot of new faces amongst the more familiar ones this time, and once again I came away spoilt for choice as to who to share with you today.  But, whittle it down I have, and here are my five, very fabulous finds from the weekend.

I'd already spotted Glosters gorgeous ceramics from Deb's Facebook feed, and they certainly didn't disappoint in 'real life'. Based in Porthmadog, North Wales, Glosters is Myfanwy and Tom, with Tom being the designer / maker of those lovely pots. So wonderfully simple, with a pop of colour, I must have stood in front of the stall for an age, picking up each vase in turn. I was feeling far too indecisive to make a purchase, but I'm keeping my finger's crossed they'll be back at the Christmas Market. Another maker I've seen before in Deb's photo's is Tweed Hands Co.  Beautifully simple illustrations and wonderfully worded typography, available as cards, prints and the sweetest banners. Yet another stall I hung around, walked away from, walked back to, and could happily have bought one of everything.

A new face at the market, but one that was familiar to me was Leah, of the eponymously named, Made by Leah. Like me, Leah is a member of the Clandestine Cake Club, and her sweet illustrations have been featured on the site. As a baker, a lot of her illustrations and cards are inspired by cake, cookies and all manner of sweet things, but I also have a bit of a soft spot for her fabulous flamingo's and her other cheeky animals too.

My penultimate fabulous find is Sophie Jarram Ceramics. As well as having the loveliest range of geometric inspired ceramics, Sophie was one of the sweetest stall holders I spoke with that day. Her passion for her work shines through. Working in porcelain making pots to fill with succulents and cacti big and oh, so, sweetly small.

And so to my fifth and final fabulous find, a familiar face that I've seen at every market I've been to since I first visited, Ruby Lou's Treat Co, also known as Yummy Little Cakes. They never disappoint, and always bring something new along to each market, this time bringing along their recently launched cookie dough. I lost count of the number of people I saw enjoying the 'dough by the scoop', and for a while I was tempted to 'forget' my current gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free status, thinking it was possibly worth starting three weeks of elimination all over again, for one delicious pot of 'the Dough'.

If you want to see more then take a look at Deb's post, and search for the hashtag #derbyshiresummermarket on Instagram.

Is it wrong that I'm already counting down the days until the Christmas Market?

{ have a fabulous day }

No comments:

Post a Comment

. thank you for taking the time to scribble down your thoughts . i lOve reading All your musings .