Monday, October 30

{ my october }


As L.M.Montgomery once said, I'm glad I live in a world with October's. The month hasn't been entirely worry free, but looking back it's only the lovely things I'm choosing to remember.

{ learning }
The month began learning how to crochet, something I've talked about for far too long. My grasp of double and treble crochet, and of course, those oh so wonderful granny squares, is all thanks to Clare, whose patience is matched only by her passion for crochet and all the many wonderful things you can create with it.


{ making }
Yarn has been a recurring theme this month, with the learning to crochet, and signing up to my first POPup Market. The past few weeks have been full of designing, planning, and making, pom pom's, tassels, banners and blankets. There is lots more yarn to arrive, lots more to make, but it's been very exciting seeing everything start to come together.


{ reading }
In a busy month, quiet moments have been cherished by sitting and quietly reading. After months of seeming to devour novels, this month I've enjoyed reading the Autumn edition of 91, and the latest edition of Lagom. Both have content that you can quite happily lose yourself in. 91 has led me to find even more creatives on Instagram to follow, whilst Lagom is feeding my wanderlust and adding even more places to my To Visit list. After all, who wouldn't be tempted by a Treehotel in Sweden? 


{ watching }
Although it broke my heart ever so slightly, I adored Goodbye Christopher Robin.  If you have even the faintest interest in Winnie the Pooh, and remember playing pooh sticks in your long forgotten childhood, then do try to catch this on the big screen.  Beautifully shot, it is melancholic without being sentimental, and brings a bittersweet note to the tale of the bear who has been a part of many childhood's.

I'm looking forward to November with an edge of apprehension.  The diary, it is fair to say, is crammed full of lovely things. There are plans to tick off a few more things on my Fifty before 50 list, that little POPup that I keep mentioning, and so much more. And I'm guessing that it won't seem five minutes until I'm sitting here writing all about it!

{ have a happy day }

No comments:

Post a Comment

. thank you for taking the time to scribble down your thoughts . i lOve reading All your musings .