Wednesday, November 15

{ popping up at the we are pop POPup Christmas Market }


A weekend of firsts for me. My first Christmas market of the year, and my first market as a maker rather than a visitor.  I'm not sure I could have picked a friendlier one to start with either, and with it being the first hosted by the very lovely we are POP, and the first for a few other stall holders too, it had an air of nervous excitement and anticipation.

Our venue was The Granary, at Wykham Park Farm.  Tucked away in the scenic Oxfordshire countryside it seemed a perfect fit for the twenty designers, makers, and independents that came along. It may only be November, but with the log fire burning, twinkly lights sparkling, and glittery Christmas trees dotted here and there, you were suddenly reminded that the festive season isn't too far away now.

During one of the few quiet moments of the day I did manage to take a look around, and it was so lovely to talk to the other people there; to glean words of wisdom from those who'd been doing this a little longer than me, and to share 'new girl' worries with the other first timers. It almost feels wrong to pick favourites from those who were there, but here are some of the makers who made me sigh with envy, and made my Christmas wish list just a little longer.


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

Firstly a big thank you to my lovely neighbours for the day, Amy of Ama Ama, and Claire of Little m. The prize for the steadiest hand of the day must go to Claire, who was personalising her prints and Christmas baubles on the day.

The Smallish House is someone I've admired on Instagram for a while, so it was lovely to see her beautiful prints in real life.  Charlie Pie Designs were a lovely new find. British icons are given a mid-century twist and printed onto cushions, lampshades, and notebooks, in wonderfully fresh colour ways.

And lastly, sitting opposite to me, A Tribe Well Dressed. Capturing the trend for personalisation in colourful, quirky appliques, and a relative newcomer, like myself.

{ photo credit . we are POP

{ photo credit . Buzzy Beans Coffee }

My biggest thank you should probably go to Buzzy Beans Coffee, for supplying me with incredibly good coffee through the day.

{ photo credit . Gemma Harris Designs }

There were so many highlights during the day, from the compliments about my stand, and my beanies and blankets, chatting with all the lovely visitors, making my first ever sale, but amongst all those was having my first go on a letterpress. After watching, with envy, the children all taking a turn, I couldn't resist asking Gemma if I could have a go too. Such good fun . . . though now I'm having to stop myself googling letterpress machines for sale!

Once again, a big thank you to everyone who came along, said hello, stopped to chat, and who bought something too. It really is true that when you buy from a small business an actual person does a little happy dance.

{ have a happy day }

No comments:

Post a Comment

. thank you for taking the time to scribble down your thoughts . i lOve reading All your musings .