Wednesday, December 6

{ four I adore . Etsy Made Local & a weekend of loveliness . Part Two }


And so, on Monday I mentioned there were two Etsy Markets happening in Birmingham this weekend. After featuring the market hosted by Ideas Birmingham, it is now the turn of the Winter Makers Market hosted by Birmingham Originals. Held on Saturday and Sunday, in the beautiful Banqueting Suite at the Council House, it was full of even more local makers, artists, and craftspeople. The festive spirit was alive and well, and there was a hum of people buying gifts for others, and quite possibly a few for themselves too. 

For the full line up of all the creatives who were there, pop over to Birmingham Original's Facebook page, but for now, here are four that I particularly adored.

Quirky, macabre, and curious, are the words that pop up on Charlotte's about page, and I'm not sure I could sum her work up any better. Using beautiful bone china, Charlotte makes pieces for the home, both useful and decorative, all having a wonderfully dark edge. Skulls and skeletons adorn the most seemingly innocent of homewear, giving an unexpected twist to the simplest of things.

Oh, and I can think of more than a few people who would appreciate her range of greetings cards, in particular her 'I love your ( resting bitch ) face'
I have a sneaky suspicion that this is not the first time that I've shown a little love for Salt and Sail. A mother and daughters knitting team who hand knit some of the most beautifully simple babywear, that make this fellow knitter sigh a little with envy. Their stall on Saturday didn't disappoint, and the box full of these bootees adorned with pom pom's couldn't fail to make the hardest of hearts coo just a little. 
I've admired Doricica Dolls from afar for a while now, so to be able to see them on Saturday, and have a brief chat with Doriana herself, was a real delight. I desperately wish I had a little girl to buy one of these darling dolls for. The detail, and the workmanship is just lovely, and the dolls have such wonderful personalities.

Doriana's stall looked equally lovely, and I doubt I would have been the only one to stand chatting whilst wishing desperately that I was either five years old again, or had a vaguely justifiable reason why I needed one myself.
Finally I'm sharing the very lovely Little Penn and her beautiful illustrations and prints. Her work has a simplicity about it, and is wonderfully delicate and illustrative. Birds and botanicals are a recurrent theme, stamped in monochrome onto paper and cloth. One particular little print caught my eye, and is that one thing that I now can't stop thinking about, and wish I'd now bought.

At the moment her Etsy shop is on a short break, but as soon as it's open again I think I'll be popping that particular little print in my basket to buy.

{ have a happy day }

No comments:

Post a Comment

. thank you for taking the time to scribble down your thoughts . i lOve reading All your musings .